I am not making any resolutions this year, my friends. Honestly I’m still working on the resolutions I made in 2007. *Laugh* I am however, hoping that that the New Year brings me the ridiculously unattainable things that 2011 didn’t!
I think the last few blog postings have been so centered on family, death and grieving that it’s time to get you guys caught up on what I originally started this blog about! Bacon, Booze, Boys and Beer!
- Christmas Eve festivities were held at my house this year, in which I centered all aspects of food around … you guessed it. Bacon! We had Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts to start, a Bacon Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin for the main course, accompanied by shots of Bacon Vodka to those who wanted to cleanse their pallet before eating the beef, Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Biscuits, Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon and of course, to complete the meal, Brioche Bread Pudding – this of course, has bacon in it. Let me just say that yes, perhaps a few people stared in shock at all of the bacon, but you know what else?
Not a damn one of them complained.
- I can only talk so much about booze, but seriously, booze is awesome. I think that about covers it.
- One thing I haven’t been very forthright with you guys about, for like … three months or so … is that I have, officially, a … man. As in, yes, I guess I can use this word: A boyfriend. *SHOCKED FACE* And now that I have told you guys about him, I’m sure something will happen that my personal attorney (REtard) will have to write a break-up letter. But I figure, back to basics with this blog and part of that originality has always been to share the ups and downs of my dating life.
- You see this guy … he’s interesting. Gee that’s so EXPRESSIVE! *Laugh* Okay so, interesting in the way he handles things, yes. And by things I mean, well, me. But also interesting in the way that as time goes on, I’ve learned one very important factor about him. He sticks. He just … he sticks. I can honestly tell you at this time, other than his penis, it’s one of my favorite things about him!
- My Cookie has said to me time and again that it’s unbelievable that I haven’t blogged about my new pets. Which, by now, aren’t so new anymore. But they are my GIRLS! My babies! My loves! And so, without further ado, I introduce you to …
Gizmo and Gidget!
Okay here are the standard answers. These girls are Sugar Gliders. They are in the marsupial family and are native to the forests of Australia, New Guinea and some other places I don’t remember. They are a very social animal (how perfect for me!) and are nocturnal. Anything else you may be interested in knowing … HMM, I can hear RE in my ear right now.
“Tell them they sleep in your bra!” Yes, they do. I take them with me most everywhere I go as they sleep during the day and really, it’s not like anyone can SEE them in my bra. Unless of course, this happens:
That’s Gizmo, her little head popped out of my cleavage. How sweet is that picture? LOVE.
“Tell them you take them with you to work!” Yes, that is also true. I mean, it’s not like anyone is looking in my bra, right?
“Tell them I ask you to send me pictures of what’s in your bra, RIGHT NOW.” Okay really RE didn’t say to tell you that but I thought it was funny. Cuz that really happens.
Okay friends, I think that’s about enough of an update right now. I do hope this new year brings all of you of the ridiculously unattainable things that 2011 did not as well.
MUAH! Happy New Beer!
[2012 Image courtesy of http://weaselzippers.us/]