1) If you read this blog, perhaps you read my friend MindyMom as well. Her and I spent an entirely FUN-FILLED four days in Vegas together, embracing our new-found friendship, and sealing it with naked hugs, of course. (T is jealous of that.) Anyhoo, her recent post about there being a full moon – I’d have to say she’s right on target with that one. See the funny thing is, Min and I, well … we clicked when we met. Clicked. Like two peas in a pod. So when I texted her about that post, and gave her the … um, question I guess you could say, I got this response.
“OMG. Dude, are you physic?”
I had to laugh. Not physic my friend. TWO PEAS!!
2) Emilee was spending the night at her dad’s house one day this past week, and when I called to say good night to her, she asks, “Mom! Do you have a new boyfriend yet?”
“No honey, I don’t. It’s only been a few days! Sheesh. Mom doesn’t work that fast!” I told her.
“You know where you should go to get a boyfriend?” she asked. ”Dunkin’ Donuts. I see lots of boys in there all the time.”
At that statement, I hear her father just start laughing his ass off in the background.
So yeah, apparently, if you need a boyfriend? Just head to Dunkin’ Donuts.
3) Speaking of Em, she starts second grade in a week. Second grade. Where does time go? When we were doing our back to school shopping, she actually talked me into buying her a pair of Uggs.
See QT? SUCKER.
My seven-year old has better shoes than I do.
4) And speaking of Em again, she was, bound and determined with the tenacity that is strictly her own, to get her ears pierced before school starts. So, off we go.
She gets up in the chair, and as they only had one lady working, we had to do one ear at a time. Em gets that first one pierced and then …
She stared at me and said, “OW.”
She promptly decides she’s done. No more. One ear is fine.
I’m staring at her in shock. “You can’t just have one ear pierced, Em!” I said.
“Sure I can! It’s my body. My ears. We’re done!” she proclaimed.
She jumped out of the chair while the lady is standing there with the piercing gun wondering what the hell is going on.
And in the end, I had to force her to get that second ear done. I hated it, but I felt her following through with HER decision to get her ears pierced was the correct thing to do.
She got the second one done and stared at me the whole time.
“This isn’t my idea of the best time,” she proclaimed.
Forty dollars later, I decided it wasn’t my idea of the best time either.
5) So here’s the thing … Mr. Incredible?
Not so Incredible anymore. So I decided I deserved more, in fact, I knew I deserved more. And when I told him so, he agreed.
I promptly informed him he was not it, and sent him on his way.
And that my friends, is how you break up with someone.
Over um, text, by the way. :D