2) Emilee is questioning the validity of Santa. I saw her thinking face on, and wondered what was coming. Sure enough, she asks, “Remember when we were at the mall in Florida? We saw that Santa sitting there?” I nodded. ”Well, that’s not the same Santa that WE saw this year.” Dammit. I am really starting to get nervous when I see her Thinking Face.
3) Googlie came into work today and immediately pointed to his feet and said, “I bought new shoes.” I looked at his new shoes and said, “I don’t give a shit.”
4) I was ordering some Christmas presents for Emilee from Amazon. Admittedly, I was in a hurry when I was doing this. I knew exactly what I wanted and clicked away when I found it. Four days later, a box from Amazon arrived. I put it amongst her Christmas gifts for wrapping. The next day, more toys arrived. The same with the day after, and the day after that. Puzzled, I opened these boxes to find toys I didn’t order. I went to Amazon to review my order.
That’ll teach me. In my hurried state of ordering the ONE Christmas gift I wanted, I somehow clicked on the “Add all five to cart”. Yup, $200 later, Em will now be the proud owner of the Crayola Glow Dome, the Crayola Crayon Maker, Crayola Color Explosion Glow Board, Crayola Color Wonder Magic Light Brush and the Crayola Glow Station.
This is, of course, in addition to all of the other gifts I had already bought her.
And yes, I know I can return them. But I can also afford them, and ya know, I love my girl.
5) I just participated in a conversation with Twitch who was speaking of the art of giving massages. He said he’s an excellent massager. I questioned that, asking, “What makes you think you’re excellent at it?” He said, “Because I bought a book!” I looked at him for a minute, and then asked, “Massaging for Dummies?”
6) LetEmBreathe and I had some fun at a work Christmas Party the other night. Once the adult beverages were in full swing, we celebrated the Holidays with some rousing games of F, Marry Kill. Truly, this is the way to start off your holiday season. You should try this at your next holiday party!
7) This morning, while driving into work I saw a roll of toilet paper on the side of the road. I started to wonder, how does that happen? I mean, do you just toss an entire roll of TP out of your window? That got me thinking about all of the other strange things I’ve seen on the side of the road – Jeans, a lone shoe, gloves, a ladder, a couch with cushions … just to name a few. I mean, really. How does that happen? Have you ever thrown a single shoe out your car window?